Monday, March 29, 2004

 
Howdy all and Happy Monday!!

Well seems last week - being the first week of my new Blog here,
I needed to get familiar with this whole thing, so I have a smattering of different types of posts here. The beauty of this blog here and its topics -- MY RANDOM THOUGHTS - Is fortunately open enough to allow me to comment on just about anything. While I will post the occasional politically based entry, it is my intent NOT to go overboard with that. In fact this entry here will likely be more typical of what I post.
In any case - no one reads this blog yet I am sure so it probably wont matter in the long run anyway!!

WEEKEND ADVENTURE
Well not much of a weekend but I do have a small story to share.
Just out walking around on Friday night, not really any particular destination. Made a few stops at some of my favorite local watering holes, and upon not finding much to amuse me in either place, was strolling along toward one of the very happening clubs down here. There was the usual crowd at the front door, in fact quite the line to get in. Filled with highly fashionably dressed ladies, and phony guys trying to look stylish and scam on what ladies they could. Well the line was imposingly long, and not that I would want to go in anyways - but waiting for an hour and paying a $25 cover would NOT be my idea of a fun outing, well before I made it to the mob scene trying to get in I noticed a side door, where I was standing open up, and some bouncer talking on a cell phone, popped his head out the side door to hear the phone better.

Wearing a pair of old jeans and sneakers as well as what is deemed my "thinking man's Flannel" shirt (well it was 63 degrees!) the fashion police doormen would probably not had let me in EVEN if I had waited the prerequisite hour and coughed up $25 clams for the right to walk in and wait around more for the watered down overpriced drinks. So spotting the opportunity to avoid all that, without hesitation, I hastily walked past the bouncer who was distracted on the cell phone - and even pat him on the back as I walked by - I slipped past the second bouncer hurriedly and without hesitation found my self lost in the dense crowd of club goers.

Other than the shapely females doing their best to make themselves look hot & sexy, I don't really see the attraction in places like that.

SEGUE: Earlier that night the Miami Heat hosted The Dallas Mavericks in what was a very exciting OT game that the Heat wound up winning in dramatic fashion. The game marked the return of Miami in a Nationally televised NBA contest.

It was of little surprise then to run into Malik Allen of the Miami heat in the club. Malik was busy talking to two young girls basically wearing negligees. So I did not approach him to discuss the Miami's playoff prospects, in fact I was rather distracted by another negligee wearing beauty who caught my eye.

Which brings up the point - what are these women thinking basically going out in their undergarments?? Something about a lingere sponsored party or some other thing, I was having difficulty staying focused on what she was saying.

Well not much more point to this story other than - as the subject line reads... Some of my random thoughts,
see yas next time!
><>< GET THE WINNERS, Get the EDGE! www.theNFLedge.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?