Sunday, June 06, 2004

 
funny little aftertaste??

Its been quite a busy summer with travel so far for me.
Its seems like every week I am on the go again.
I just got back in town here from a quick trip up to Rockin' Dayton Ohio!
Where I got to spend some time enjoying the delightful Cicada Serenade.
The little black bugs withe orange wings were in full splendor in lovely southern Ohio, of all those in the insect world the Cicada may be my favorite, completely friendly little fellows, I "rescued" a few of them whom I happened upon in perilously precarious predicaments.
Alas the creepy crawly cicadas is not where this installment is heading. No instead the tale is in the trip. On the trip up to lovely Dayton, which I will give respectful props to as a city. Sure its a mid sized midwestern city, but lots of fun can be had there on a lovely summers night! The trip up - if you recall my last blog entry - was the first airline adventure since my last blog installment, and this can be sort of an epilogue to that incident if you will.
Fortunately the day before this latest excursion I actually started to feel better from my last airline incident. That was absolutely a blessing, as I dont know if I would have been able to even embark on such an event otherwise. Well, just as before, I was prepared for the trip. I had the appropriate medications, and made the necessary checkdowns. Even though my mind was moving very slowly at the wee morning hours I had to set out on this trek. So far so good, as the sleepiness helped me to snooze some on the flight up to Charlotte, North Carolina.
Upon safe harbor and arrival in Charlotte my brain was still a little woozy, partially from the drugs that travel necessitates I take, and part of just having been roused from a sleep I desperately needed more of. So maybe I just wasnt thinking straight and while on autopilot governing my behavior to the automated responses necessary to slide unnoticed through the otherwise unwitting world. Hearing myself utter conciously the cliches, "when in rome, do as a southerner." and "talk about getting back up on the horse that threw you."
I could barely believe what I was doing going over to the Carolina Barbeque for a light in between flight snack.
"Your really tempting the fates mister." I was now reduced to just rattling off aloud as the really crazy people do... "I'll have the Beef Barbeque Brisket Sandwich please." I was saying as I heard maniacal sarcastic laughter in my head.
"Yes extra Barbeque sauce on that too please!" I responded to the laughter!
Well to my delightful surprise it even came with a southern fried pickle spear on the side. What a delectable dining discovery - the tangy crispy coolness of a pickle warmed up and with a golden crispy exterior, and that zesty barbecue brisket. What a splendid combination. Only regret was that due to having to complete my journey I couldnt have the complimentary Coca-Cola (the world most complimentary beverage to delicous food!!), and yeah for me that would no doubt spell heartburn!! (Coke is like rolaids to me - I know its odd)
Despite this true test of tenacity, I somehow survived spectacularly! Aside from just general groggyness from another dose of a little something-somethings to help ease the effects of the altitude when airborne, after that wore off - some hours later I was able to go about and have a great evening... YEAH IN DAYTON OHIO... go figure!
I was even able to alleviate the heartburn!

Now the Heartburn from having Tzatziki sauce with breakfast the other day, now that was a different story... *urp*... ouch! I can still taste that! OPA!

O O

\_/


><><><><><

GET THE WINNERS, Get the EDGE!
www.theNFLedge.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?