Friday, August 27, 2004

 
Travel Travails

Its Been a crazy couple of days for me, as I kinda got stuck in upstate New York.
See I had taken Monday and Tuesday as Vacation days, figuring that I was
travelling back on Tuesday, then "the Airlines" happened.

I had a 3:30 flight out of Syracuse through Washington to Miami, on UNITED Airlines (oh trust me this isnt a free plug!)

I was there at the airport Tuesday at about 2pm..

  • First bad sign when you
    go to the electronic kiosk,
    and it tells you to see a representitive.


  • Bad sign no. 2 the line for the
    counter wrapped all the way around the through the dividers and out into
    the terminal.


  • Real bad sign No. 3: Only 1 ticket agent at the counter!!



  • After an hour plus of waiting, I was informed that it wasnt so bad that my
    flight was late anyway... well I had a 6pm connection through Dulles. No
    problem I was told, as it was just a 40 min flight... so at 4:30 when the
    plane had still not arrived - and I was concerned about my connection I
    was instructed to head back to the ticket counter, to see about arranging
    for another flight... so after ANOTHER hour plus, waiting patiently in line watching the same lone attendant, trying to deal with an increasing number of upset
    passengers, well its now about 6pm when I am instructed that not to worry
    the 3:30 flight I was on was cancelled but the 7:30 flight would be
    leaving at 9:30pm, and my connection I asked, I was informed I was already
    ticketed on the next available flight out of Washington Dulles to Miami
    at 6am Thursday morning!! How nice of them! I asked if they could get me
    on another airline...

    Well on the surface they said they would, but the last departing flight going into any airport to
    connect to Miami was leaving at 6:20pm, and I wouldnt make it. (NOT BECAUSE I WAS WAITING IN LINE FOR TWO HOURS WATCHING ONE ATTENDANT!! - WHOSE FAULT IS THAT!!)
    So Instead of spending the night in the terminal in Dulles, I decided to
    spend the night back at my sisters place, and they rebooked me for the
    10:30 AM flight out the next day Thursday morning.

    It was more of the same the next day I went back, Almost an Identical
    replay, get to the gate, go through security, plane is late, missed
    connection back to the ticket counter (and every time through the security
    screening!! We were now all on a first name basis! - yet every time I GET PULLED OUT FOR THAT *SPECIAL* Search!) Happened again with
    the 12:30 flight again LATE! I thought United was a pretty good airline!?! Well that was before this exemplary display of customer service.

    At
    about 3:00 when It was beginnig to look a LOT like Tuesday, I DEMANDED
    they put me on a different airline alltogether as I was not going to be
    told again that I missed the last flight out to a connecting city since
    they were LATE - because of weather or whatever other reason! I was finally
    booked on a 5pm flight to Atlanta on Delta and an 8:30pm conection to
    Miami. So I finally got out of Syracuse! More delays in Atlanta as my 8:30
    flight didnt depart until well after 10pm but at least it left Atlanta! I finally
    got in after midnight and another hour to get my luggage and get home! It
    was very trying, but I made it! Which is more than I can say if I had decided to try and stay with United. I wonder if the Syracuse to Dulles flight ever wound up leaving Syracuse?

    Anyway that was what happened to me the past couple of days, so Sorry if I
    missed out on anything, but well like I said, I finally did make it!!



    DISCUSS THIS STORY IN Greggys Forum



    ><><><><><

    GET THE WINNERS, Get the EDGE!
    www.theNFLedge.com

    Comments: Post a Comment



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?