Wednesday, December 15, 2004

 

The E-Z Christmas Party!

Last night was "E-Z" Eddies Holiday Party. (E-Z Ed is a whole other story and frankly would need volumes of blogging to explain him, lets just say hes one of my more colorful friends!)

So I went to that Xmas party, and well these Cuban guys down here, they dont tend to drink BOURBON at all - in fact all they had along the whiskey lines was Johnny Walker - and while I love Bourbon and Jack Daniel's (cause Jack is NOT a bourbon - its a Tennessee Whiskey - Bourbon ONLY comes from Kentucky, and don't be telling no one in Tennessee that Tennessee and Kentucky are the Same thing now, y'hear!) Well, I CANT STAND SCOTCH!! Its gross. Tastes like licking copper. Only nastier! Bourbon on the other hand, has a smokey woodsy taste, Scotch is more like battery acid. At least to my so-called 'unrefined' palate. What do I know though Im a HICK from Rochester (NY)!

So anyways, I brought my own bottle of bourbon, besides goin' to a party right, one must bring something. Cant just show up empty handed! Boy did they have TONS of liquor there - shi* like JAGR - the big bottles of that - and beer galore, High end Vodkas - Goose, Belve., Aged Teq., Champagne, Rums galore, regular, dark, spiced, Jamaican. The point is that they had tons of liquor, and well, I brought my own!! Then of course I was drinking it, the way I usually do, on the rocks.

At first the bartender (oh yeah this party had bartenders and caterers - it was a VERY NICE party) well he pours me like a little dribble on the ice. I was like "Dude, save me some trips back here and put some bourbon in there - after all its my bottle right?" so he filled the glass. Well I drank that, another one, another, maybe a couple more, whatever. By the end of the evening, as I went back for another one and I saw that its down to about the last of the bottle there. So I rather matter-of-factly stated: "lot of people drinking the beam huh? Told you that you should have had more bourbon here!" The Bartender, smugly replied "no sir. only you are drinking bourbon." "Impossible!" I answered "That bottle is practically empty. I'm a lightweight. I cant drink that much...." well I guess I did. So That might explain why it feels like something exploded up in my head today, you know what I mean....

DISCUSS THIS STORY IN Greggys Forum



><><><><><

GET THE NFL WINNERS, Get the EDGE!
www.theNFLedge.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?