Friday, December 17, 2004

 
Gimmie the Light!

Just gimmie the light, to spark the jo-oooh.....

So Im out wandering around last night, and this black dude, starts freaking.
"Sean Paul, Sean Paul... let me get an autograph, please man!" It took a minute to realize that he was talking to me.

"Sorry dude, you must have me confused with someone else."

"No way Dude" He went on. "Your Sean Paul!"

"Right. OKay!" I replied, yet he kept after me. "Well, You look just like him man"

"...that and $1.50 can get you bus fare - outta here" I thought was a clever comeback!

"No Come on dude, you look just like him. Man If I were you I would play that out." As we were right in front of Crobar. He's was like "watch this..." As he starts pushing his way toward the 'velvet ropes' yelling: "OK People make some room, Sean Paul is in the house, can you make some room for Sean Paul!!". Suddenly people started looking around, girls became excited, the big guys who controlled the ropes were intregued, the head (a55ho..) door guy with the clip board and the permanently snooty look frozen on his face almost smiled. He started singing some Sean Paul song "Just Gimmie the light, to spark the Jo..." For a moment I thought about going along, yet I was off to do something else and I really didnt feel up for celeberity impersonating! So I yelled to the dude who was busily marketing himself as one of Sean Pauls 'people' - "Dude Im outta here." Which this guy didnt miss a beat to capitalize on. "See now you done it, Sean is all mad and wont come into this club, can you give the man some respect...".

I wasnt really embarassed by this, just rather amused. A couple of young girls came up and asked me if I was Sean Paul, I smiled, and started down the street. Someone behind me yelled sing us a little something Sean. I paid no mind. My buddy, the promoter, started after me. "Come on man, we can do this."

"sorry dude" I replied. "I've got someplace to go - oh - oh" (in a mockery of the Sean Paul Song)
"Allright dude." He finally conceded. "We coulda been somebody."

"No Thanks, I already am!"

*****
So was this dude Crazy? Decide for yourself.





Still unsure: Check out Sean Pauls Website (& Listen to the music)

http://www.sean-paul.net/index2.html



DISCUSS THIS STORY IN Greggys Forum


><><><><><

GET THE NFL WINNERS, Get the EDGE!
www.theNFLedge.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?