Monday, December 13, 2004

 
Mid-December Weekend Review

Looks like we are rapidly approaching the end of another year.
2004 is just about through, and as I will be travelling for the holidays.
There looks like there wont be another weekend here in South Beach again for 2004.

So How did I spend one of the last weekends of this year.
Just about the same way I spend most of them. Out and about on South Beach.

Weekends like this past one get me down. Not that they should, but they do.
When something is eating away at you, and of course it leads you to question yourself. It really opens up a floodgate of just unhappy thoughts. While externally it may seem like its just another weekend. Internally to me it just was not, and so I will try to avoid the negative spin I might otherwise turn this little blurb into!

Oh yeah the whole weekend thing. Well lets just suffice it to say that this weekend had its roots in last weekend, and in the events of the week. Last weekend was so exceptionally wonderful, that it was almost impossible not to have a let down.

Lets just suffice it to say that Friday didnt go quite the way I had originally hoped it might. Thus instead of just sitting about moping, about this or that - I forced myself to get out there and recklessly try and improve my fortunes!

The evening started quietly enough meeting a friend at a bit of an 'underground' hang out, while that place was full of older folks, and might I add I was getting the attention of Ladies, which lets face it I have always been a bit of a favorite of the ladies who can remember WWII. I think that the younger generation just dont appreciate a good man as much as some octogenarians. No I am not kidding.

Falttering as it was to be the attention of some 'silver foxes' we quickly departed that place, and were off to our next hangout. Where we stopped the neighborhood pub. Where the Bartender there is well under the age to qualify for Social Security benefits, and is rather a favorite of mine. I had previously thought that perhaps she might be a bit interested in me as well. That alone made the evening productive in that my friend quickly clarified her attention to me was merely to increase the tip, and that she wasnt genuinely interested at all. I am thankful for that, as I tend to be completely oblivious and figure flirting IS interest. Like I said it was a relief to learn, albeit it didn't exacly raise my spirits either. From there it was off to more festive places, where the crowds were.

Crowds of young people and liquor and music. Oh what fun. For all but the morbidly depressed that is. Instead laughter seems to be directed at you. Glances from women, may actually be formed from interest, seem instead accusatory, or worse mocking. Its a mindset that is tough to overcome, and yet it was pervading my thoughts. I was struggling to push it back and as such was going from place to place in search of a familiar face. None was found, and perhaps I alienated a few others in the process.

How did the evening wind up, as so many others did.
Alone, Drunk and borderline disorderly.

Might have been better off sticking with the Octogenarians...



DISCUSS THIS STORY IN Greggys Forum



><><><><><

GET THE NFL WINNERS, Get the EDGE!
www.theNFLedge.com


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?